Friday, February 10, 2012

Flash Forward: Riding Boots for Fall / Winter 2012



Now I know we are just ending our Fall / Winter 2011 season and you are probably wondering why I am posting about Fall / Winter 2012 trends now, but there is a purpose I promise! And I will will get to it.
One of my resolutions for 2012 is to dress a little more age appropriate. With that in mind, I’ve made it a goal to stay away from a few things. One of them being Ugg boots. They are easy to throw on and are nice to wear when it’s cold outside, or when I’m not in the mood for heels, but I’ve been wearing them for years and have decided to finally give them the boot. <—- No pun intended. :)
There is an Alternative
If you are a lover of Uggs like myself and are trying to find a comparable flat-soled boot, then have no fear, there is an alternative: The Riding Boot! 
Riding boots were a HUGE trend in 2011 and will continue to be trendy for Fall / Winter 2012. I’m am obviously a little late in jumping on the band wagon, but I’m big on heels and don’t normally wear flat shoes, so it wasn’t until recently that I started actually liking them.
How to Wear Your Riding Boots
You can wear Riding Boots a variety of different ways. Some of my fav’s include pairing them with dark washed jean or leggings as shown above, or with a dress or skirt as shown below. There are, of course, many ways to wear them, so feel free to get creative and find your own style.


Get them NOW!
With the end of winter approaching and transition into Springs, now is the best time to get them, as alot of winter items, including boots, are on CLEARANCE!! Hence, my reason for posting this now. So try them, get creative and let me know what some of your fashion resolutions are for 2012!


No comments:

Post a Comment